Conditions of Entry
1. Business Location : All applications must be related to businesses operating within the areas covered by Campaspe Shire or Murray River Council.
2. Judging: Judging will be undertaken in three stages:
Stage One: The application form and accompanying information will be used to shortlist finalists in each category. Those shortlisted as finalists will proceed to Stage Two.
Stage Two: Judges will conduct site visits and interview each finalist. A score and ranking will be given to each finalist.
Stage Three: Results from Stage Two will be collated and the winner of each category will be announced at the Gala Presentation Dinner
The judges decisions will be final. Feedback will be available to all finalists.
3. Announcement of Winners: Presentation of winners will be made at the ‘Gala Presentation Dinner’ to be held at the Moama Bowling Club on Wednesday, 11th October 2017. Finalists must be able to be present or represented at the Gala Presentation Dinner or they will be deemed ineligible to enter.
4. Awards: The winner of each category will receive a trophy, certificate and window decal. Finalists will also receive a certificate and window decal acknowledging their achievement.
5. Categories: Judges reserve the right to move an applicant into a more appropriate category if they see fit. You may enter up to three separate categories, providing you meet the criteria for each one.
Best Retail Business. Sponsored by McPherson Media. Open to any retail business selling goods to the general public.
Excellence in Tourism. Sponsored by Moama on Murray . Open to any business offering goods or services within the tourism industry.
Excellence in Manufacturing. Sponsored by Foodmach. Open to any business involved in manufacturing or value adding.
Best Professional Service. Sponsored by Lockwood Partners. Open to any business providing professional services to the general public or other businesses.
Best Professional Service – Community. Sponsored by Murray Business Network. Open to any business that does not provide a return to stakeholders. These businesses may trade in surplus as long as no person/s or organisation is paid a dividend. (Examples include aged care services, hospitals and educational facilities.)
Best Trade Service. Sponsored by Nichol Trading. Open to any business providing trade services.
Excellence in Hospitality. Sponsored by Radiant Media. Open to any business providing food (hospitality), entertainment or accommodation.
Best New Business. Sponsored by Mawsons (E.B. Mawsons & Sons Pty Ltd). Open to any new business that commenced operations in the past three years.
Best Home-based Business. Sponsored by Moama Bowling Club. Open to any business operating from the home of the proprietor.
Agri-business. Sponsored by Greenhams (HW Greenham & Sons Pty Ltd.) Open to any business (viticulture, horticulture, dairy, livestock etc.) providing goods and/or services within the primary industries, or who value-add to agricultural products.
Employee of the Year. Sponsored by Dawes & Vary Riordan Lawyers. Recognising excellence in an individual employee. Nominations may be submitted by anyone but entries must be completed by his/her employer.
Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Sponsored by Edge 102.5FM. Open to any young entrepreneur, 35 years of age and under, who owns or manages a business.
Business of the Year. Sponsored by: GMCU/Allianz. Selected from the winning entries in the above categories.